Friday, 27 November 2015

Twenty one Persons Feared Dead as Suicide Bomber Attacks Shia Procession in Kano


About twenty one persons are feared dead at Dakasoye village, Garun Mallam local goverment area of Kano state Friday when a suicide bomber blew himself up among the Shia procession on there way to Zaria witness says.

Vanguard reports that the incident which occurred by 2.00pm was said to have affected mostly women and children.
A local Journalist, Ali Kakaki who was at the scene of the blast told the National daily that the ugly incident occured shortly after a middle aged man was caught with Improvised Explosive Device.
AFP on its part, reports that the suicide bomber on Friday blew himself up among crowds at a Shia Muslim procession outside the City of Kano, in the latest violence to hit the troubled region.
The group, led by Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, said on its website the blast happened at 2:00 pm (1300 GMT) and that “scores” had been killed.
But there was no official indication of casualties and one of the organisers told AFP: “It’s a huge crowd so it’s too early to give a precise figure of casualties.
“We now have the other suspect in custody.”
The organiser, who asked to remain anonymous, said the bomber ran into the crowd before he could be spotted and detonated his explosives.
“He was dressed in black like everyone else. His accomplice was initially arrested and confessed they were sent by Boko Haram,” he added.
“They were part of the young men abducted by Boko Haram in (the Borno state town of) Mubi last year and taken to Sambisa Forest where they were given some military training.
“They were sent to Kano 11 days ago and kept in a house specifically for this attack.”
The bomber detonated his explosives after realising his accomplice had been arrested, the organiser added.

1 comment:

Comments made by readers of this blog are strictly the views of the writers and not that of Nedu Echianu's Blog.