Sunday, 20 December 2015

Boko Haram carried out 100 terror attacks in 2 months - ISIS


The Islamic State group has published an infographic saying its West Africa division has launched more than 100 attacks in the past two months.
The ISIS through a Jihadi monitoring site reports that Boko Haram, which joined the Islamic State group in March, has killed and injured more than 1,000 people between Oct. 14 and Dec. 12.

The IS graphic says its West African branch has staged 67 suicide attacks and fired more than 120 rockets.
The SITE says the data for the infographic posted on Saturday on Twitter and Telegram was apparently collected from media reports.
The SITE monitors Jihadi activities across the globe.
Boko Haram has overtaken Isis as the world’s most deadly terrorist organisation, according to a new report.
The terror group, also known as Islamic State’s West’s Africa province (ISWAP), was responsible for 6,644 deaths in 2014.
In comparison, Isis is believed to have killed 6,073 people in the same period. Boko Haram pledged allegiance to the group, also known as the Islamic State, in March of this year.
Isis has certainly sought - and achieved - global notoriety since it announced its creation of a caliphate across Syria and Iraq in June 2014.
It has its own media arm which pumps out propaganda videos and messages to either inspire supporters or strike fear into those it regards as enemies with graphic footage glorifying executions and torture.
Over the past year, Nigeria witnessed a 300 per cent rise in fatalities from terror acts to 7,512. This is the largest increase in terrorist-caused deaths ever recorded by any country, and is predominantly down to Boko Haram’s expansion.
In 2013, Nigeria ranked fifth in terms of the highest levels of deaths, but moved to second last year.

Per second news

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by readers of this blog are strictly the views of the writers and not that of Nedu Echianu's Blog.