Friday, 12 August 2016

I will never forget you: tribute to late Super Eagles Player, Sam Okwaraji by Emeka Ezeugo


The following is a tribute to late Super Eagles player, Sam Okwaraji who passed away on this day in 1989 during a world cup qualifier against Angola at the National stadium in Lagos, written by ex Super Eagles defender Emeka Ezeugo on his Facebook page.


My National and Olympic Games Teammate, Sam Okwaraji, it's been 27 years since you've been gone. Nigeria and their Vagabonds in Power May Have Forgotten You But, YOU'RE NOT FORGOTTEN. YOU'RE IN MY HEART FOREVER.

So are Stephen Keshi, Rashidi Yekini, Thompson Oliha, Uche Okafor, Wilfred Agbonebare, my Class of '94 World Cup Teammates. You're not forgotten. Patrick Okala, Osaro Obabaifor et al. I WILL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE YOU GUYS TILL THE DAY THAT I WILL DIE. I STILL COULDN'T CRY ENOUGH TEARS, MATES FOR THE BEFITTING BURIAL THAT NIGERIA CALLOUSLY DENIED YOU GUYS. I MISS YOU GUYS A LOT. OUR COUNTRY'S NEVER COME CLOSER TO FINDING ANOTHER LIKE YOU GUYS. YOU WERE GEMS WE NEVER APPRECIATED. SO LONG, ICONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by readers of this blog are strictly the views of the writers and not that of Nedu Echianu's Blog.